TuskTools Calendar can now synchronize your Evernote information to your Google Calendar. When this synchronization is enabled, all "dated notes" - that is, all notes which you've annotated using the TuskTools ##date## format - will be synched into Google Calendar.
These notes are created as appointments on a calendar called "Evernote" in your Google Calendar account. If this calendar does not exist, TuskTools will create it.
- To enable Google Calendar synchronization, launch TuskTools Calendar. Click on the Application menu tab (that's the tab to the left of the "home" tab) and select "Options...".
- In the Options window, check "Sync to Google Calendar", then click "Authorize Access to My Google Calendars".
- A browser window will open up, asking you to grant access to your calendars. (If you're not currently logged into your Google account, you'll be prompted to log in first.) Click "Accept".
- You'll then see a browser screen that says "Received verification code. Closing..." However, in most cases, this screen will not close. If it does not, you must close this window or tab in your browser manually.
- Return to the open TuskTools Calendar application and the Options window. The "Authorize Access to My Google Calendars" button should now be disabled, and the "Log Out of My Google Calendars" button should be enabled. This means you are successfully connected.
- Click OK to exit the Options window.
- There is a 1-to-1 correspondence between an Evernote note and a Google Calendar appointment; only the first ##date## annotation in a note is used.
- TuskTools Calendar does not have to be running in order for Google Calendar sync to occur. As long as the TuskTools Sync module is running (you can see it in your Windows system tray), Google Calendar synchronization will occur.
- The synchronization is a multi-way process between Evernote, Google Calendar, and TuskTools Calendar. You can change calendar information in any of those locations and the change will be synchronized to the other two.
- When a reminder is created for an appointment in Google Calendar (reminders are created whenever you've specified a reminder in the Evernote note using the @ format), it is set up to use your default Google Calendar reminder method (popup, email, SMS, etc.). IMPORTANT: In order for reminders to work, you must define a default reminder in your Evernote Google calendar. To do this, go to "Calendar Settings" for your Evernote Google calendar, click on "Reminders and Notifications", and then click on "Add a Reminder" and fill out the fields.
- Google Calendar does not allow for the creation of hyperlinks in its text fields. This means it is not possible to have a live link back to the Evernote note which generated the appointment. However, TuskTools Calendar provides a workaround for this limitation. In the Description field of a synchronized appointment, you'll see text like this:
Evernote Reference: cbce3d18-d0aa-4d00-bf75-3b235a980d98
Select all of this text - including the words "Evernote Reference:" - and with it all selected, copy the text to the Windows clipboard (right-click and choose Copy, or press Control-C). As soon as you do this, TuskTools will detect it and will open Evernote with the appropriate note selected.